Thanks again to Emily for hosting these linkups on her truly lovely and literary blog, Chatting at the Sky! I’ve loved the community that is forming around these posts.
One thing I learned in August truly takes the cake. My husband and I learned we are expecting a little girl!
Though I am beyond thrilled with this news, I must confess at first I was highly shocked. This entire pregnancy, I have been certain our little buddy was a boy! So much for maternal instincts, huh?
Here’s what I’ve learned about expecting a girl:
- There will be no shortage of cute outfits for her to wear, thanks to very generous family and friends.
- She cannot date until she’s 58. (Dad’s rule.)
- She can enjoy playing dress-up with her mom as much as she enjoys playing ball with her dad.
- It is possible to dearly love someone you’ve never met.
- I don’t care if she wears glitter shoes or a faux hawk, my hope for her, above all, is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Everything else is secondary.
Do you have a little girl? What have you learned about raising a daughter? I’d love to hear your story!