Catherine threw down the gauntlet. Okay, she didn’t really throw down the gauntlet, but she did post a rad questionnaire and invited her readers to join the fun. I thought I’d take the challenge. Below are several things you never knew you wanted to know about me.
Additionally, this is an excellent time to tell you that Catherine has just launched a truly heartfelt project. Her poetry chapbook entitled Mothers and Daughters is dedicated to the memory of her mom, who passed away earlier this year. Grab your copy on Amazon.com. And you can read more about Catherine’s mom on Catherine’s blog.
1. What is a nickname only your family calls you? My family is pretty straight shooting, we didn’t get into the nickname thing. Ben has several nicknames for me that I probably don’t want to reveal on a public forum 😉
2. What is a weird habit of yours? I click pens incessantly when I’m angsty. I rub my forefinger against the bridge of my nose when I’m deep in thought. I smack my tongue against the front of my teeth when I’m frustrated. I answer tell-all questions about weird habits.
3. Do you have any weird phobias? Windchimes and dolls. Windchimes just freak me out, they sound really unearthly and disturbing. Dolls are weird because I don’t like faces that have no expression.
4. What is a song your secretly love to blast and jam to when you are alone? “So What” by Pink.
5. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Questions about my pet peeves. Just kidding. Seriously, probably rude customer service reps.
6. What’s one of your nervous habits? I think all of my weird habits are also nervous ones. Especially the fingernail biting.
7. What side of the bed do you sleep on? If you’re asking me, I’d say the left hand side. If you’re asking Ben, THE WHOLE ENTIRE BED IS MY SIDE! MWAHAHAHAHA.
8. What was your first stuffed animal and what was it’s name? I had a baby doll named Baby Doll. It’s a wonder I haven’t won a National Book Award.
9. What’s the drink you always order at Starbucks? Plain ol’ lattes. Cafe Mistos. Chai Tea Lattes (But not Oprah’s. Blerg. Stay away from my coffee, lady.)
10. Which way do you face in the shower? What does that even mean? I guess I face the water.
11. Do you have any weird body skills? I can bend at the hip and lay my hands flat on the floor. I’ve been told this is weird. Also, what’s with using “weird” as an adjective for so many of these questions?
12. What is your favorite comfort food, that you know is bad but you eat it anyway? Oh man. Ice cream. Frozen yogurt. Nutella. Usually separate, but if they happened all together I wouldn’t complain.
13. What is a phrase or exclamation that you always say? Very good, well alright, and Okay then are popular phrases, especially if I’m affirming someone. Unfortunately I probably doll out my fair share of Whatevers.
14. What do you wear when you go to sleep? It varies. These days a nursing tank top for sure.
15. What did you used to wear that you thought was cool, and now you realize it wasn’t? Hair scrunchies as bracelets. Bangs.