I’ve not shared a Things That Fired Me Up post in several months. If you’re a new reader, Things That Fired Me Up is my space to get a few things off my chest: the funny, the serious, and the slightly neurotic.
As a nod to my upcoming 25th birthday, here are 25 things that fire me up.
- Americans who mimic Scottish accents.
- When someone introduces a topic of conversation, just to brag about something they wanted to say anyway.
- Braggy people in general.
- When I realize I’ve been braggy.
- Unsolicited Facebook advice.
- Drivers who don’t use turn signals. (Commonwealth of Kentucky, I’m looking at you.)
- The sentence, “I’m a big Jane Austin fan.” (If you’re really her fan, you’d spell her name correctly.)
- Strangers who look at my crying baby in the store and ask, “Oh, why is she crying?” (If I knew…she wouldn’t be crying.)
- Strangers who touch my baby. (!?!?!?!?!?!??!?)
- Buttons on the back of infant outfits.
- Fox News.
- CNN News.
- Actually, all 24/7 cable news networks.
- Passive aggression.
- Gas station restrooms that sell products intended to prevent the making of babies, but fail to supply a changing table in the event that those products fail and one finds herself needing to change a baby. (I could get on a soapbox.)
- Cappuccino-flavored Lays chips.
- Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.
- The song Christmas Shoes.
- Neon Lights.
- Cheap souvenirs.
- Basically, the city of Gatlinburg, TN.
- Rude customer service employees. (Seriously, you’re getting paid to be nice to people. You can be mean again when you clock out.)
- Referring to Africa and Asia as countries. (“There’s all sorts of horrible things going on in countries like Mexico and Africa.”)
- As always, my own sin. (Covered by the blood of Christ and being put to death by the Holy Spirit to the Glory of God. Amen!)
I’m curious, what fires you up?