If you’re a writer like me (yes that was weird to say but I’m trying to own it), I bet you appreciate readers. I know I do! I love my readers. And whether you have 5 or 5,000 readers, they deserve your best work. The best way to produce your best work is to write your little heart out, edit, and rewrite as often as you can. That’s what my last 31 Days project was all about creating creative content.
This year I’m going to explore one option to get our content into the hands of readers – self-publishing.
Catch me linking up with The Nester and loads of other bloggers at Write31Days.com.
In 31 Days to Self-Publishing a Book I’m using myself as a bit of a guinea pig. You see, I wrote this book (another weird thing to say) that I want to share with my readers. Self-publishing has piqued my interest in recent months as a viable way to put work on the market. I want to learn about how self-publishing works and how writers, like you and I, can self-publish well.
In my life I tend to jump first and think later. It’s just how I roll. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. And I’ve found that jumping-then-thinking isn’t so reckless when done with accountability. In that caviler spirit, I’m going to take the plunge into self-publishing and invite you to watch me learn. Hopefully my experience will give you an idea of what works, what doesn’t, and how you might present your next book to your readers.
Truly, I’m honored you are following along!
31 Days To Self-Publishing A Book
- Write a Book
- Get Over Yourself
- Self-Pub Author Spotlight: Joanna Penn
- Why Self Publish
- Why I Chose To Be An Amazon Author
- Let’s Talk About The Money, Honey
- Create A Marketing Plan
- Finding An Editor
- Judge A Book By Its Cover
- Self-Pub Author Spotlight: Catherine Valentine
- (Hey Y’all! A few changes.)
- Lazy Sunday Writing Quotes
- On Book Formatting
- Ask Your Friends For Help
- Use A Hashtag
- How To Get Reviews
- Self-Pub Author Spotlight: Hal & Melanie Young
- How You Look When You Finish Your 1st Book
- A Simple Writing Quote
- My Own Worst Critic
- On Book Formatting, Part 2
- Haters Gonna Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate (Self Publishers)
- To Those Giving Self-Publishers A Bad Name
- Another Self-Publishing Update
- A Published Book Is A Published Book
- Jeff Goins on Writing
- Order Your Life, Or Your Life Orders You
- You’re Not As Good As You Will Be
- Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Labor [Book Launch Day!!!]
- Act Braver Than You Feel