[Affiliate links ahead! Thanks for supporting Victoria’s Ramblings!]
A resource that has been invaluable to my blog planning has been HowTheyBlog.com. Kat Lee, the creator, interviews a new blogger each week about the ins and outs of this wonderful world of comments and plugins. Truly, it’s a fantastic follow! Kat also created a Blog Planning Kit for all us bloggers out there who want to get more out of our home on the web.
Personally, I’ve loved this little resource! Recently my husband and I went on a writing date (because we’re cool like that) and I used the time to work through the kit. It was super helpful to list out my goals for Victoria’s Ramblings, and break down those goals into actionable benchmarks. In case you need more convincing, I give you:
10 Reasons Why I Love The Blog Planning Kit
- It’s really pretty. And that’s important, people.
- You look uber legit using it in a coffee shop. And, yes, blog planning works best with a latte by your side.
- It was created by an actual blogger. Kat Lee has been blogging since before everyone and their mom has a blog. She knows the blogosphere and has had success with blogging (see: InspiredToAction.com). Her wisdom comes from a place of practicality and experience.
- You can easily flip between big picture and small picture items. I tend to be a big picture thinker. I like how this kit is organized in that you can start big picture, and slowly work your way down to the daily items that need to be accomplished to reach your big goals. (hint: If you invest in office supplies, using tab dividers helps flip between these two views even more!)
- It comes with directions. Having recently given birth to a baby that came with no directions of any kind, I have a new found appreciation for directions. This kit comes with both written and visual directions for how to go about using it. Score!
- It comes with support. One of the most helpful things about a community like HowTheyBlog.com is the support from others. Listening to Kat’s guests I feel like I’m really getting help with my blog from top notch writers. And knowing that other bloggers are also listening in, interacting with the content, helps me remember I’m not alone in this journey. Kat is always saying she wants to be a help to her readers, she really listens to our concerns and delivers the help we need!
- You can track your progress, (which is mighty encouraging!)
- and see where you might have gotten off course. (which is mighty helpful!)
- It is guaranteed. Kat offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and free updated copies to existing customers. Thank you!
- It works. I can’t say that I’ve been entirely faithful with blog planning (see note about aforementioned baby) but I know that when I’m following my plan, the plan works.
If you have any questions about my experience with The Blog Planning Kit, I’d love to answer them! Just leave a comment below and we’ll chat.
Once you’re ready to take your blog to the next level,
grab yourself a copy and buckle up, buttercup!